View Saved Passwords in Google Chrome:
View Saved Passwords in Google Chrome Most of the time, the Google Chrome browser saves the passwords that you use on various websites. Google Chrome has an autofill feature that will save any information like usernames or passwords for Most of the time, the Google Chrome browser saves the passwords that you use on various websites. Google Chrome has an autofill feature that will save any information like usernames or passwords for a particular site so that you do not have to fill it in the next time. This Here we will be telling you how you can manage or view passwords saved by Chrome on your computer. So in this post, we will tell you about how can you view saved passwords on Google Chrome browser on your PC.
How to View saved Passwords on Google Chrome
- First open Google Chrome.
- Select the menu tab on the top right corner beside the address bar.
- Sign in to your Google account if you have not already done so.
- Open settings and then select the Show advanced settings tab.
- Under Passwords and forms, select the Manage Passwords link.
- A list will appear with the websites and their saved username and passwords.
- The passwords will be hidden in asterisk form. You can click on Show to view the passwords. Chrome will ask you to enter the password for logging into your Windows account. Then the passwords will be visible.
- You can then manage or delete the passwords. The three dotted option beside each password will give you the option to see details or delete the password of the particular website.
- The eye icon will let you view the hidden password.
- This list lets you view, change or delete usernames and passwords for all the websites you have used.
How to Save Passwords in Google Chrome
Sign in to Google Chrome
- When you start using the Chrome browser you can sign in using your Google account. This is ensure that anytime you sign into Chrome using your account, you will have access to all your bookmarks, passwords, history and any other customized settings.
- First, open the Google Chrome web browser on your computer. Then click the menu button the top right.
- A Sign in to Chrome option will be there in a blue tab. Select that.
- Enter your gmail address and click next. Then enter the password to that email address. Click next again and you will be logged into Chrome using your Google email account. Click on Ok, Got It once you are done.
- Once you sign in, the figurehead icon will show your name.
- Once you sign in to Google Chrome you can customize the settings according to your needs.
- On the top right corner, there are three vertical dots that give you the menu when you click on it. From the menu, select Settings. An alternative is to enter chrome://settings directly into your address bar.
- Now scroll down on the settings page and choose the Show Advanced Settings tab.
- Under advanced settings you will see a heading saying Passwords and Forms. Here there are two options that you can select or deselect when you first start using chrome. One is to enable autofill and the other is to offer to save your web passwords. You can choose to enable or disable both features.
- If you select the “Enable Autofill to fill out web forms in a single click” option, Chrome will remember and save the information that you enter every time you fill out forms. The next time you open that page or another such web form, Chrome will fill in the information for you. You can choose to use the autofill information or enter it yourself.
- If you select the “Offer to save your web passwords” option, Chrome will save any username and password that you use to log in to a particular site. While logging in, there will be an option to save the password for the site. The next time you use that website, you will automatically be logged in with the same.
If other people use the same computer as you, you need to be more careful with your personal information. In such cases you should always log out of your account when you are not using the device. Otherwise disable the autofill and autosave options on the Google Chrome browser. This will ensure that all your information and passwords are protected. Stay tuned at for more cool tips & tricks like this.